The second part of the international PAR®-Tasting with an impressively high average level and wide stylistic range – the jury’s reproduction rate is constantly high
Frasdorf, October 2022 – 253 organic wines from 15 countries were on a sensory trial of the WINE SYSTEM jury at the beginning of October. Sixty-nine per cent could achieve Grand Gold and Gold versus 58 per cent achieved during the Spring tasting edition, which is a true sensation if considered that basically there is no adjustment of the medal rating at WINE SYSTEM. Unlike standard tasting methods, the analytical PAR® pattern does not allow this interaction.
The autumn edition of the ORGANIC WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL presents 38 Grand Gold, 138 Gold, 73 Silver and 4 Recommendations. The overall winners of this tasting are two red wines from Italy with 99 points leading position of the ranking: the SER BALDUZIO 2017 from Azienda Agricola Fiorano di Stracci Adriana, The Marche Region, and the 2020 Il Nostro Rosso Organico from Mare Magnum in Apulia. The review is on October 26th, 2022.
Top Ratings For Each Category
Along with the overall winners from Mare Magnum and Azienda Agricola Fiorano di Stracci Adriana, the following products achieved top ratings:
- Red Wine Category GALLO OTTO 2018, from Marche Region-based Azienda Agricola Fiorano di Stracci Adriana with 98 points, thus Grand Gold.
- White Wine Category the 2021 GENETA from wine-growing estate Nifo Sarrapochiello Lorenzo Campanie Region, Italy, with 98 points, thus Grand Gold.
- Qvevri Category the 2018 Garnellen Anphora from South Tyrolean vineyard Tröpfltalhof with 98 points, thus Grand Gold.
- Dessert Wine Category the 2021 Barfod Aurum21 A from Barfod Vin, Danish Seeland, with 96 points, thus Grand Gold.
Further Grand-Gold-wines of the autumn 2022 tasting came from Mexico, Sweden, Australia, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, China and Switzerland. View the complete ranking under https://winesystem.de/en/organic-wine-award/results/autumn/ .
Top Ranking Within Other Categories:
- Rosé Wine Category the 2020 Rosé Sardonillo from wine-growing estate ECOLECERA, Spanish Region Aragón, with 95 points, thus Gold.
- Category Specialties/Wine-Based Beverages the Ehrliche HUGO Minze & Limette from Peter Riegel Weinimport GmbH, Germany Region of Wuerttemberg, with 95 points, thus Gold.
- Sparkling Wine Category the 2019 Decto Rosso Rosé Brut Reserve from vineyard Hirschmugl – Domaene am Seggauberg, Styria Region, Austria, with 94 points, thus Gold.
- Alcohol-Free Wine Category the VINSENZA Bianco from Bodegas Mureda, Spanish Valdepeñas, with 92 points, thus Gold.
High Reproduction Rate Despite Wide Stylistics
Along with the remarkably high average level of the autumn tasting by ORGANIC WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL 2022, the organic wine scene again shows many ongoing experiments with stylistic issues. There is no „either-or“principle between traditional craftsmanship and high-tech make anymore, but rather a vast spectrum of styles somewhere between or beyond it. The reason for this development might be the fluctuations caused by climate change worldwide.
Given this stylistic diversity, it is even more remarkable that the WINE SYSTEM jury could achieve a qualitative reproduction of 90 per cent during the ranking. This means that two separate PAR® Certified Master Teams could accomplish the same qualitative assessment result of the exact wine after opening a new bottle and with temporal distance. This unprecedented rate is provided by the analytical methodology and constant training of the auditors. The essential benefit for the winemakers is the objectivity and transparency in every detail of assessment by the WINE SYSTEM jury. On top, a jury representative is personally at your disposal for a review.
Free Telephone Information Service For Participants – October 26th, 2022
WINE SYSTEM quality management offers free information service to support a better understanding of PAR® documentation. Registration under email@example.com.
|Note to the editors: media representatives are welcome to join the information service to explain the rating of the wine of your choice from the recent tasting. Sample wine mailing and appointment by request under firstname.lastname@example.org|
WINE SYSTEM – Trust your Senses with its activity area in consulting, training and PAR® high-quality contests is a capable partner for winegrowers, retail and expert audience in the fields of wine and sensors since 1999. WINE SYSTEM AG operates under the leadership of both board members Brigitte Wüstinger and Martin Darting since 2019. Since many years, the company organisers well-known high-quality contests, for instance, ORGANIC WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL, WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL, PiGUNDY WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL, PIWI WINE AWARD INTERNATIONAL, as well as other smaller events. The database that contains more than 40.000 listed wines became a global information tool highly appreciated among experts. www.winesystem.de
WINE SYSTEM – TRUST YOUR SENSES
WINE SYSTEM – TRUST YOUR SENSES Sonja Hartung